Does UV Light Kill Bacteria In a Mushroom Humidifier?
Results from my experiment to kill bacteria with a UV light in a homemade humidifier.
I have used a UV light to try and kill the bacteria buildup in my homemade mushroom humidifier. The results have been mixed. Almost all the bacteria or algae that the light reaches gets killed, but there are parts inside the tank that are shaded and still grow bacteria. This bacteria often washes out and dirties the water.
Is it worth doing? I says 60% yes, it does prevent bacteria that would otherwise be vaporized and spread around the grow room, and it does make the cleanup a lot easier. But you still need to give it a clean once a week to get the dead biomass out of it.
Join my Patreon and I can help you grow mushrooms! - https://www.patreon.com/OakandSpore